I spent a few hours clearing out the boxes of my things in my parent's closets (another way to lose weight, heh) and came across my weight-loss notes from Spring 2004. By weighing myself every day, exercising at Curves three times a week, and taking walks, I was able to go from 202 to 166 pounds in about 4 months. It's great motivation for this challenge because it's further proof that I can do this, and it's nice to know that I've managed to pseudo-maintain for five years.
However, looking back at my intro post, I seem to have forgotten ever hitting the 160's! You'd think something like that would stick in one's mind, right? I don't think I stayed there for long. I lost momentum that summer and stopped monitoring myself. I still think it's funny I didn't remember the 160's.
Thanks to all of you who gave me suggestions for a potential reward. I love getting pedicures as much as you all seem to, but I love them so much, I don't plan on using them for rewards. When I can get a pedi, I get a pedi, reward or not. However, I think I will look into spas or other beauty places that may be local and see if I can get some kind of other treatment, like a massage or facial: something more exotic to me.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Congrats on pseudo-maintainance... here's to see the 150's for the first time by next way in!!
Post a Comment