Since January 1, 2010 June-October 2011

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Glory of Holding-In-There

Yay!  Stepped on the scale this morning and had gone down another pound!  I'm not sure if is 1) the fuller breakfast / less food late in the day, 2) simply doggedly sticking to my calorie budget, 3) just the vaugarities of the weight-loss process, or 4) the fact that I danced around my room like a maniac to up-tempo music - but it sure feels great to see that number drop.  Honestly, it's probably a combination of all three.

I'd like to share some music with you all (yes, some is certainly cheesy):
  • The Time Warp - From the Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Such fun to dance to.
  • Pata Pata - Dance, dance, dance!
  • Three Small Words - Super cheese, but it's nice to dance to a song about what an awesome chick you are. ;)
  • She's So High - A bit slower, but also about how awesome girls can be!
  • Believe It Or Not (I'm Walking on Air) - Yes, this is the song from "The Greatest American Hero." Cue it up for the end of your work-out as you take your victory lap. :D
  • The Way - I'm just a shameless child of the 90's at heart.  This song always get's me moving.
I was reading a bit of Eat-Clean yesterday evening, but had to stop when it got to the bit about the importance of getting good sleep and it was bordering on seven hours before the alarm.  How much sleep do the rest of you get?  Any of you deal with insomnia?  I think I woke up two or three times last night.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I wish I could say I get lots and lots of sleep...but i run a crazy schedule. I go about 5.5 to 6 hours. not too much, and often less then that. I don't suffer from insomnia, but I do suffer from 7 children waking me all night. One screams in the night, one cries, two have bad nightmares, one always thinks she's going to miss school, one has to potty every night, and one likes to snuggle in my bed....ahhhhh so never a good nights sleep. Love the eat clean plan though, that's where I get most my inspiration. keep going.

Amy Davis said...

I haven't slept through the night in oh, ten years! I REALLY want to again. But just as I'm getting out of the "baby years" my kids will be into their teens. :(

Love the maniac dancing! It's the best!