I'm visiting my parents today, and will have to be a bit less planned with my meals after this breakfast, until I come home. I think this will be good practice for later. While tracking my calories and really planning things out is working okay for this competition, I don't plan on doing it my whole life.
I want to train my body to know when to stop eating, and I want to train myself to listen to the needs of my body. To some extent, it's already happening. Up to five years ago, I would literally eat anything put in front of me, and rare indeed was any time that I said "I'm full." Now, when I go out to restaurants, I find myself feeling satiated about half way through. This isn't to say I don't like the way food tastes, but I find myself savoring every bite more now. Even that raw carrot I ate last night was awesome: so sweet, crisp, and cool. ;)
This is all just a long way to say I'll be testing the extent of Lose It's pre-programed foods.
Also, I'm noticing on my tracker how very close I am to being under 30 BMI. I'm trying to think of a good reward for that achievement. I want something not food related that helps pamper my body, I think. Any ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
How about a new piece of clothing to celebrate your accomplishment? Or maybe a manicure/pedicure/something like that.
My favorite reward for weight-loss is a pedicure. I love feeling so pampered and sitting there in the massage chair is so perfect! Good luck today!
haha I was gonna say mani/pedi! Or a massage... I know when I hit my goal through this competition I am spending a day at the spa!! Nothing better than that!
AH! I read the post and was like "Oh I wanna tell her to get a pedi!" and I look and see that's what everyone else said too! hahahaha, looks like it's unanimous!!! I love Heather's idea --> Make a day out of it and induldge in a couple spa treatments!!!!
Lol.. I must admit that the first month I started this whole weight loss thing I rewarded myself with 1/2 an Arctic Circle Reese's Peanut butter shake! ;o) It was alright... but seriously... I probably should have stuck to a pedicure!
Hello, Amazing Grace!
Definatly a pedicure!!
Post a Comment