Since January 1, 2010 June-October 2011

Friday, January 15, 2010

Dang Doldrums

Yesterday was a really hard day at work, and today wasn't much better.  I often keep some kind of sweet treat on hand for days like this, and I really wanted to stop for ice cream, or a Starbucks coffee, or something on the way home yesterday, BUT I DIDN'T.  I was down another 0.4 this morning, but I'm still a bit down emotionally as well.  Even the prospect of a three day weekend isn't really cheering me up right now.  I'll settle for reading in a nice bath and having an early night, but I might go a bit over calories today and have a second Luna bar for an evening snack

I'm still happy about the weight loss right now though.  At current rate of losing 2 lbs steadily each week, I'd actually hit my ultimate goal weight of 125 by June 8th (according to my handy-dandy Lose It app).  That's even before school lets out for the summer.  It's hard to believe it might be a possibility.  I'm going to try to cling to these happy thoughts and stop worrying about work.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I often think about my goal and what summer will be like when i DO reach it... it seems like such a strange thought to have. but i keep my eye on what karilynn has accomplished and it helps me realize it is not only possibe but IT WILL HAPPEN! don't let go of that

Amanda said...

Hang in there. It is so wise to focus on what you are trying to accomplish and continue moving forward. And Luna bars are so good. What a great comfort food. keep pressing forward!

Amy Davis said...

Don't get down! 5 lbs. lost already is GREAT! I'm jealous! ;)