Since January 1, 2010 June-October 2011

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One Week Frustration

One week into the comp and I'm a bit frustrated by my progress.  I'm within my 1 1/2 lbs. loss per week minimum goal, but much of that was lost in the first few days.  I've been stalled the last four days, hovering around 168, and it is so frustrating!  I know I'm not the only one to feel this at one time or another, but aaaagghhg!

I've added in oatmeal to my morning meal.  So far, so good.  I also picked up The Eat Clean Diet and Fast Food Nation this weekend, and I'm hoping to read some of each tonight.

Summary:  Still in.  Still under calorie budget.  Currently frustrated.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Would it help you to just weigh yourself once a week? Then you'll be seeing an overall weekly loss instead of the daily up and downs.

Karilynn said...

Counting calories drives me insane!! Good luck with that! ;o) Congrats on your 2 lb loss!

Jessica B said...

2lbs is great! I think the idea of only weighing weekly is a great one, since as I have noticed weight fluctuates so much during any given day, let alone a whole week.

Grace said...

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. I may switch to a weekly weigh-in, but I do like to see the scale go down. I don't huge daily losses (0.2 a day is a fine average, in my mind) and a day up isn't going to throw me. But I do want to know if I'm hitting a plateau. I think I need to do a bit more exercise to jump up my metabolism.

Maybe I'll dance myself silly tonight.