Since January 1, 2010 June-October 2011

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Miles to go before I Zzz zzz zzz...

Just finished some housekeeping around the blog:
  • I've updated my ticker with my official start weight and goal.
  • Added my measurements to my sidebar.
  • Added a few more competitor's blogs to my list.  I wish I had the stamina to add everyone, but it's kind of a pain to do it one at a time.
Oh my gosh, it's so exciting that we have over 40 people competing!  I'm excited for 4 prizes each month!  The truly crazy part of me is already scheming to total up all the pounds we will lose as a group and find a way to get that much butter together and take a picture of it or something.  I think it would be a lot of butter.  A lot, a lot.

I did my 4.75 mile walk and averaged about 3.75 mph!  Unfortunately, I took off later than I should have and the full last half of the walk was done in almost total darkness. A bit creepy out there, at that time.  I feel pretty awesome for it now though, my muscles are tingling with usefulness, and the calories burned netted me a bag of yummy popcorn to nosh on.

This being my second post in the same day, I do wonder, how often do you all plan on updating?  The contest rules require once a week posting (which I'm reading as: at least once in any seven day period), but I might easily surpass that and end up blathering about random things when I should be sleeping.

*glances at clock*

Yep.

3 comments:

Karilynn said...

I blogged over 100 times on my blog last year during this comp. It's really whatever you want to do. I did find the more I blogged the more focused I was on what I was doing and I would think about blogging during especially difficult times.. like a long long run or when horrible food was surrounding me!
I will keep track of how many lbs we lose. You get the butter... I'll provide the number! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Hey there Grace, I'm a size 5 to sometimes 6 in shoes. I can wear a 3 and a 4 in kids. Its kinda nice but sometimes a pain. oh well what can you do!!

Mindy said...

i think we all go through phases like that... random blogs in the middle of the night. keep blogging and checking for comments because the motivation is GREAT!!! best of luck