I'm enjoying slowly working my way through the Eat-Clean Diet book. Many of her points are things I've already learned, though a few are things I'm not yet sure I'll be adopting into my lifestyle. Still, I wanted to say, it has impressed me with the idea that when we eat can really affect weight loss. I've been making sure to eat something solid for three weeks now, and I do feel a change in my energy level.
What's more, I've pushed myself to eat dinner earlier, and I think that's helping as well. As Tosca Reno observes, "Does it make sense to fill yourself up with calories you won't burn off after dinner? Instead consume more of your food at the beginning of the day when you are more likely to be the busiest and have a better chance of burning the energy away." This is especially true for me. My job is pretty busy. There are days I hardly sit down for a total of five minutes during the five hours I teach... but, when I come home, and especially in the late evenings, I'm typically sitting at my desk playing on the internet. I think back to the bad habits I used to have... eating dinner at 9 or 10 at night and going to bed at midnight: ugh. For now, my plan is to snack at some time between 3 and 5, and eat my last meal between 6 and 7. Lights out by 10 is the ideal, but I'm still working towards that. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment