I've got my eye out for other milestones I can celebrate (after all, I don't plan on ever crossing them again!), and I'm really hoping to see the end of the 160's by the February weigh-in (only about 3 pounds to go!). I'm also noticing that some of my clothes are starting to fit a bit different on my frame, particularly my pants. I can fit comfortably into my size 12s right now, whereas, at the start of the month, they were a little tight in the thighs. A few of my 14s can actually come off over my rear!
[RANT]
I think one of the great disservices American marketing does to its women is the inconsistency in label sizes. We all know about it... finding that nice pair of jeans that're labeled size 10 and fits beautifully, when you know most size 14s are tight on you. You know these pants are probably mis-labeled or created by a different designer with a different measure guide, but you are secretly thrilled... still, the back of your brain can torture you with thoughts of "what size am I really?"
This size thing isn't really the case in Europe, or even in men's clothing in the U.S. Their sizes are calibrated on verifiable measurements of waist and inseam. Why is it different for U.S. women? True, we have more curves than men: lovely, childbearing, shake-it-to-make-it curves... Is it really the case that throwing a third variable into the mix makes it that much more impossible to give us actual measures of the clothing we buy?
[/RANT]
Whew.
Okay, so I need to start somewhere... Here's what JCPenny lists as measurements for a standard size 10 petite vs. my measurements today.
- - - - Size 10 - - - - Me 1/24/10 - - - - Difference
Bust - 36.5 - - - - - - 42 - - - - - - - - - (+ 5.5)
Waist 28.5 - - - - - - 33 - - - - - - - - - (+ 4.5)
Hips - 39 - - - - - - - 43.5 - - - - - - - - (+ 4.5)
Hum... Two things of note though:
- In these three main measurements alone, I've lost 4.25" in three weeks. Yay!
- My current measurements, based on the JCPenny chart, put me comfortably in a size 18 range, and yet, look at how my size "14" jeans currently hang on me (yes, they are buttoned and everything, I realize it's hard to see):
- Pretty sure I bought them at JCPenny's, too.



3 comments:
Not hard to see!! Those jeans can TOTALLY come off and on without being unbuttoned! I say.. SCREW THE SIZE!! The new FUN thing for me is having to check the labels to see if the pants belong to me, my hubby (who is a stick) or my 10 year old!! LOVE IT!!
Yeah the pant size thing is pretty nuts. I learned a few years back when I got down to a size 6. I found two pairs of 4's that fit me beautifully...because they really should have been labeled 6. I wore them all the time so I could tell my sisters "I fit in a 4, wanna check my tag." It was great while it lasted...but now I battle the size 14 and can't wait to get out of them.
Shopping is a lot tougher with the inconsistent sizing. Great job on your inches lost! That is amazing!
Post a Comment