As frustrating as it can be, I think there is something to be said for weighing in every day. It really puts you in tune with how much the actual number isn't so much the goal; it's the downward trending you want to see. That's not to say it doesn't get frustrating. I've been holding steady for the past several days until this morning, when I stepped on the scale, I was down to 161.8... a full pound down! Nice to see... I went about preparing breakfast and then found I had to use the restroom, and I decided to weigh in again After all, nothing in, something out: should logically equal the same or lower number, right?... And I was 162.0. o.O
So, yeah, as long as you don't let the zigs and zags get to you, daily weigh ins can help make you realize how silly they can actually be. At the same time, every time I see a lower number than I have before, it infuses me with greater motivation to stick to my plan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
i've decided that I will be buying a new scale . I've been having issues with ours even to the point of a 10 lb gain with in the matter of a few hours. And no I did not eat 10 lbs worth of anything. I know there is a natural fluctuation in our weight during the day due to the food we eat and the liquids we drink. But the change should only be within 3 lbs or so. So don't sweat the "sudden higher number" It'll come off if you stick to your eating/excercising plan. And drink your water ;)
BTW My wii fit plus has a scale and it is waayy more consistent so I know it's the scale. But I also know my # is dropping too. YAY us!
Mine is the same way! i really need to get a new one. I laughed when you got back on and it was up! I have done the same and even had a 5 lbs difference!
Thanks for the comments, ladies.
@ Said, wow, 10 lbs is crazy! Make sure you talk with Kari about changing scales. I would think it might work out if you weight "out" with the old one for this month and then do a new weigh-in start with the new scale for February.
I actually bought a new scale for this comp because the one I've been using for years doesn't display well in photos. But I'm not obsessive enough to weigh myself on both scales every day.
@Kira - Whoa! 5 lbs! Now that is extreme!
Post a Comment