I set 60 oz. per day as my initial goal, typically taken in the form of 0.5 L of jasmine tea and 1.5 L of water. Per the challenge, I should really be making sure I get 64, and the real recommendation of half my weight in ounces would put my target at 80 - 84. So I've been trying to hit at least 80, not always with great success. Since I don't have my prep period until the end of the day, I can't afford to rush to the restroom between 7:45 and 12:00 during the week. The most I can manage is my thermos of green tea and a bit of water. If I could count on the water pushing through me before the first bell, I might start working in an early morning 0.5 L bottle. I also understand that the need to "vent" decreases as your body becomes accustom to the hydration. We'll see!
That said, I've been pushing the water in the afternoon and evening. If I don't hit my goal with water, I don't allow myself my "reward" of a can of "Diet Hansen's" soda. I love this stuff! Great, all-natural flavors, no preservatives, no sodium, no sugar, no caffeine, no aspartame... zero calories! Here are the ingredients from the can of "Creamy Root Beer" I'm currently swilling after pushing 82 oz. today: "Triple filtered carbonated water, caramel color, potassium citrate, phosphoric acid, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, natural flavors (licorice root extracts, Madagascan vanilla, wintergreen, anise), acacia." I don't drink it every day, but it's a great bit of flavor and spice, a nice way to treat myself without adding any calories.
I also really like the "metro" waters, even if they are a bit expensive. They come in peppermint, spearmint, lemon, orange, and cherry flavors. Num. They used to have a chocolate flavor that was... interesting. It really did taste like chocolate, yet it was totally clear and zero calories and had texture like no chocolate you'd find in nature being... water. So strange. I'm not surprised they seem to have yanked that flavor. They also make "MetroElectro" which is fortified with electrolytes.
P.s. I'm at 30.0 BMI! I'm about to cross the line from technically obese to technically overweight! Woooo! : D



1 comment:
Sounds awesome!! The water challenge has been a lot of fun for me too and I already do not find myself taking frequent potty breaks. :o) Congrats on the BMI! YOU ARE SO CLOSE!!! Congrats on setting goals and sticking to them!
Post a Comment