Since January 1, 2010 June-October 2011

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Let Me *NOT* Eat Cake

Eek!  Weigh-in is weighing on me!

I didn't get my big walk/run in last weekend.  Instead, I went to a baby shower where I ate half a slice of chocolate cake.  Eek.  It's the worst thing-for-me I've had since the start of the competition.  I've had a few pieces of chocolate here and there, but always accounted for and savored.  Of course, both these things caused me to slow down the loss a bit.  C'est la vie.

I'm back on track.  I'm not really meeting the weekly challenge guidelines, since I'm not exercising every day, but it did remind me to get back on the water wagon.  I also had the treat of a really beautiful Tuesday afternoon.  I got to do my walk/run!  This week the schedule has me running an equal time as I walk for the first time!  Yay!  The last three minutes of running was a bear, but I was victorious!

I'm also officially wearing size 10 pants!  Wooo!  Sadly, I didn't really pay attention to the number on the scale during high school and most of college, so I'm not technically sure what my "never been there" weight is, but I can't remember ever being a size 8 adult.  I'm very close to a body I've never had before.  It's very exciting.  In other milestone news: I'm less than 25 pounds from my competition goal, and about 3 BMI away from "healthy."  Yay, yay yay!

Final news for today: I had another colleague ask about my weight, though it wasn't wholly positive.  He pulled me asside and wanted to double check that I didn't have some kind of wasting illness because I'm looking so different, so quickly.  Eep!

Good luck to all of you this Friday!  I'll probably be doing my pictures tomorrow night and can't wait to see if I can tell the difference from January.

2 comments:

Pitbull said...

That is awesome! You are definately on a roll!!! Sounds like you and I are kinda in the same boat! I'm just 25lbs away from my final goal and I can't wait! Getting excited for sure! I'm in a size 12 right now...with the final goal of a single digit...8 or 9!!!!
Keep up the good work chicky!!!

Grace said...

Thanks! 25 pounds... we can TOTALLY do that in three months. Yay! You keep it up, too!