Since January 1, 2010 June-October 2011

Friday, February 26, 2010

Rain on my Parade

The rain continues to thwart me!  I'm getting really excited about my walking/running/couch-to-5king, and was looking forward to Tuesday's outing since Saturday... and then it started to rain!  Woe!  I was even narrowing my eyes, glaring out the window to determine if I might still get in a good run/walk.  Rain is probably my favorite kind of weather, so it really bummed me out, because it was otherwise a rather lovely stormy afternoon.  Instead, I tried a new DVD from the Firm: "Bootcamp: Maximum Calorie Burn."  It was okay, but I do hate new exercises I haven't got the hang of yet.  It's frustrating not to be able to move my arms and legs in the right patterns for lack of practice and coordination.  But I DID get my run in on Thursday, and it was awesome.  My jogging is getting faster, I can feel it!  I'll need to slow it down again on Saturday when I kick it up to "week 3" of the program.

I'm also really excited because I'm treating myself to a major shopping trip tomorrow.  I am officially not a size 14 anymore.  The pants I wore on Thursday were almost falling off my hips.  That might be the fashion for my students, but no one wants to see it on a 30 year-old. ;)

Though I know I fit very comfortably into my remaining size 12s, I'm hoping I can find some nice, professional, cheap size 10s that - while likely a bit tight - will fit me in a work-suitable way.  I feel like any size 12s I buy now will likely be doing the size 14 thing to me in four to six weeks at the rate I'm going, while size 10s should take me into late May pretty easily.  At that point, I think I can look forward to buying some really awesome pieces that can be corner stones to a whole new wardrobe.  This weekend, I'm also going to donate two whole bags of clothes!  Yay!

I also wanted to say, I've been updating my ticker pretty much in real time.  I know some of you folks are keeping your losses secret, and maybe that's a better strategy in the competition, but I want to celebrate each pound, each milestone, each inch by shouting them out and getting thumbs up from all of you.  Honestly, if my weight-loss inspires anyone to go out and lose MORE, and you happen to kick my ass in the competition?  I really don't see that as a loss, you know?  I'm feeling pretty good about my consistency.  I even said 'no' to cupcakes yesterday!  I'm no stealthy fat trimmer. :)

2 comments:

Karilynn said...

I love that you are updating your ticker! I agree that if we are here to PUSH eachother.. then it makes sense to keep it updated. Of course, when I was competiting.. I LOVED making everyone nervous not knowing how I was doing. This ALSO pushed others to try harder because in the back of their mind they were thinking "BUT WHAT IS KARI DOING?!?!" I'm sure you will look great in size 10s! GO GRACE

Karilynn said...

PS.
CONGRATS ON losing 15 lbs!! WAHOO!!