Since January 1, 2010 June-October 2011

Friday, June 3, 2011

Scale Fail!

I've had a less than stellar start to this competition.  So far I haven't dropped any weight!  ARghhh!  On the other hand, I have stuck to my calorie budget and eating schedule.  I do expect to drop soon, and I'm sort of hoping it's the stress of the last days of school that has my metabolism a bit wacky.  It's rather disheartening though.

I haven't been doing my exercisizing the past three days.  This evening, I got all psyched to go for a good 4.75 mile walk... and then the sky started drooling on me!  I almost kept going during the first couple drops of rain, but they started to hit me faster and I didn't want to get caught almost three miles from home in pouring rain.  As it is, it seems like I might have survived after all.

Blah.  I hope the rest of you are having better luck (well, but not TOO MUCH).  I'll catch up!

It has been great to be committed to the competition though.  I've been tempted several times to eat one of the many cookies in the staff lounge or binge on some ice cream after work... but I have NOT!  Small victories.  The scale will fail to dampen my spirits!

4 comments:

Karilynn said...

Scales.. what a load of crap! I'm thrilled you are sticking to your guns. That scale WILL be kind at some point. Keep up the awesome work.. but... not too much awesome work! ;)

Angie said...

I am glad to hear that someone else here has to face the daily work-snack challenges. Thanks for sharing! I am sure that your small victories will add up to big numbers soon!

Anonymous said...

Grace don't get discouraged. I know when the sky takes a pee on you it is so easy to just say "Well, it looks like someone didn't want me to excersice today" But living life like that will not get us anywhere. I hope we can work together through this and overcome whatever obstacles may get in our way!
ps. feel free to spell check this for me! lol

Wendy said...

Congrats on outsmarting the work cookies.

Did your bikini ever get there?