Since January 1, 2010 June-October 2011

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy V-Month to Me

 I'm a part of some online communities that stretch out the celebration of Valentine's day for the full first half of February.  It made me think, it might be fun to start posting some kind of "love to me" affirmation each day.  Maybe the rest of you all would be interested in the same.  So, for the first days of February and not to be a narcissist, but:

Things I Love About My Body
  1. I love my nails.  I love to paint them pretty colors.  If I didn't work with impressionable youths as a profession, I'd totally paint them bright blue, darkest black, and rainbow sparkles.  Sometimes I pain them rainbow sparkles ANYWAY.
  2. I love my feet.  They are tiny and dainty and look nice in sandals.
  3. I love my eye color.  My driver's license says green, but they are more complicated than that: cloudy blue, laced over with amber-yellow filaments that weave into a golden center, surrounded with an indigo ring.  They rock.
  4. I love my pierced ears.  I still remember asking my kindergarten friends to sit on either side of me in circle group and pinch my ears with their nails so that I'd be prepared for the pain.  And now I have many pretty baubles to hang from them.



Had a colleague ask me if I'd been losing weight today.  That's the first person to notice spontaneously, though I've brought it up when discussing health and fitness with others.  It was kind of awesome. :)

Also, it made me think: I know it's partially the rapid change in weight that invites remarks, but I also realized that it would probably be equally apparent in the other direction; people would notice but not likely comment on gaining many pounds in one month.  It gave me a pause, even though I don't see myself as someone very tied in with the opinions of others.  I'm glad I'm more of a pear than an apple shape though.  I think I'd be pretty uncomfortable with pregnancy questions.

Looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow!

1 comment:

Karilynn said...

I love this entry. I love your eyes BTW.. AND being apple shaped sucks! I used to have to tell people "I'm not pregnant, I'm just fat!" I even seriously considered printing it on a t-shirt! CONGRATS ON PEOPLE NOTICING!!! ;o) Can't wait to see your results tomorrow!