Things I Love About My Body
7. I love my hair. I don't keep it as long as I did in my teens and early twenties, but it's still fun. It takes curl and other styling very well. I also like my natural color (once described as "slightly burnt chocolate chip cookies") but I also like highlighting it. Next time I get it colored though, I may skip on the blond highlights, as it's overwhelming the browns and reds a bit.
I just bought another small app for my iPhone that will help me train running intervals without interrupting my music for more than a few seconds. The app is called "Run Mate" and I plan to give it a first try this Tuesday. It comes with a Beginner's Couch to 5k in 6 weeks program from Nike, but I've programed in my own program from Cool Running .com. This one should have me jogging 20 minutes straight by the 6th week, but it then slowly steps me up to 30 minutes of jogging by the ninth. Slow and steady and all that. :)
My legs feel nice and worked out today after my walk yesterday. I love the feeling that your muscles know they've been worked without being worked too hard. It ends up making you much more aware of your body and how all the parts move to allow you to navigate the world.
Anyone have any "couch to 5k" tips to share?


2 comments:
i follow the jeff galloway program of run walk. I run 6 mins walk 1 i can run for an hour doing that. it really works well for me. http://www.jeffgalloway.com/
That's awesome! So far, so good for the Cool Running site for me. I hope the trend continues!
Post a Comment