Since January 1, 2010 June-October 2011

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Stepping It Up

I'm due two of these and they are getting harder... Hum.

Things I Love About My Body
 8. I love my stamina.  I may never have been skinny, but I always ran in gym.  Miles or blocks: it didn't matter.  I like running.  I'm looking forward to getting my stamina back.
9. I love my sense of smell.  I'm very good at identifying things based on scent.  I enjoy quite a variety of food for the taste alone, and most of what we taste comes from smell instead of taste buds.  I love figuring out what ingredients someone used in a dish, just by tasting and smelling it.

Did the first leg of my first week of the Couch to 5k program.  I jogged one minute then walked a minute and a half then repeated it for eight reps.  I need to work on controlling my pace when I jog.  I keep wanting to run, but that tires me out a bit too fast.  Once I get up to jogging for 30 minutes straight, I'll play around with speed.  It felt really good.

4 comments:

Our Fam said...

I love the list of things you love about your body. What a motivating thing to do. I will make a list too. Thanks for the great idea.

Pitbull said...

I love your "love me" list!!! What a great idea! I think it's too easy to criticized ourselves, and not look at our true qualities!!! Keep it up! I can't wait to start the couch 25k next week!!! Got some pretty big goals this year...so I'd better get a move on!!!

Karilynn said...

When I started running again I heard repeatedly that the number 1 mistake people make is that they run too fast and lose all endurance. Your idea of playing with the speed later is PERFECT!!! Another thing I've noticed is that when I'm running with someone adn they want to stop... it's always better to SLOW DOWN!! If you can't make it to your next interval you are running too fast! :o) CONGRATS on your couch to 5k program and all your success. :o)

Grace said...

I can't wait to read your list, Misty. I see it as a Valentine to myself. :)

Good luck with your 5k running, Pitbull!

Thanks for the information, Karilynn. I think I'll get the hang of it in a few weeks, but I really had to tell myself, "Self? Slow your booty DOWN!" during a few intervals yesterday."