Since January 1, 2010 June-October 2011

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Bonjour a France!

Okay, I have no idea if that's the correct French expression, but the sentiment is true!  I'm currently in Dijon, France, but I have entered the new contest!

As this is a new run from July to November, I thought a new introduction was in order.  I had lots of success with the first challenge.  Kari told me that I came in 5th place over all!  Well, this weigh-in I was up a bit, at 147... but I'm not done yet!  I'm a bit off my plan this week in France and I know I'll have lots of really excellent food, but I'm also walking most places and the French have a much better understanding of portion size, so we'll see what that scale tips at in a week or so.  Speaking of scales, I think I'm going to have to buy a digital scale for the August weigh-in, since I'll be away from home then too.  C'est la vie!

Goal for this challenge?  Well, I did over 20 pounds for the first one... my ultimate goal weight is 125, so I'm well within the possibility of that... I'm not sure how far I'll cut into it during July and August, but I do plan on at least going down.  If I can start September in the 130's... or, let's say 135, then I know I'm doing well.  This last 20 pounds is going to be a challenge... I'm really the thinnest I've ever been as an adult, right now.  My body likes it, but it's still figuring out how to make it all work, you know?

I also bought some awesome new clothes for my summer travels, including many cute, sexy dresses. Shopping is so much more fun when you can start to look at things and say "no, it's too big!" or the like.  OH, and I need to modify my rant about womens' sizes.  Before, I was all upset that they were so inconsistent and didn't just use a simple think like measurements to standardize "like the Europeans do."  Well, turns out, after trying on some fancy European pants, it really applies to all women sizes.  One size 28 is not the same as another.  Still with the RAGE about that, but it is truth.

2 comments:

Moi said...

Have a great time in France. I am so jealous. You have fantastic daily goals. (They meet mine almost exactly.)

Karilynn said...

France... umm... so jealous!! I can't wait to see you rock this comp as well! 125? You've so got it!!