I went shopping for jeans today. Because I only tend to wear them on the weekend when I'm being casual, I was less concerned with them fitting nicely than I was with the state of my work clothes. However, the size 12 are now hanging so far off me I really couldn't wear them any more... I was expecting to buy just one pair of size 10... nice and comfy.
Readers? As I type these words, I'm currently wearing size 8 jeans that are comfortably loose on my waist and an extra small camisole top. Okay, the cami is tight, since I bought it to serve as an under-sans-bra shirt. But I'm so very excited! It's more than a real possibility that I'll be able to celebrate my 31st birthday on June 27th wearing a size 6! I've never, ever been a size 6.
Okay, one point: these pants are regular, capri-cut jeans, not the petites I normally look for. The shopping trip was a spur of the moment thing at a local Target. I suspect a true petite 8 would fit me a bit tighter since the pants would be cut differently... but I'll save you guys the rant about the inaccuracy in womens' ware sizing this time. ;)
I'm going to have so much fun picking out my travel wardrobe for the summer. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
OMG you must feel fantastic! And you've earned it! I'm so proud of you! Keep it up! I can't wait to be an 8 again...that's my goal! I"m a 16 right now...so it's a little ways away...but I'll get there.
Post a Comment